Thursday, August 31, 2017

My dream about cure

In the last days of August I want to tell you about my dream. But this is not just a dream, it is the dream of my life.

From birth I have a serious rare disease. Spinal Muscular Atrophy, since early childhood I could not walk and move but it did not stop me from my dream. I fantasized that one day in world will development magic medicine would be invented and I will be cured. A lot of time has passed since then and a miracle happened - in the beginning of 2000 was created unique drug - Gene Therapy for SMA in clinic in Colambus, Ohio, USA. In 2014 I learned that was started first phase of clinical trial of this drug for children with type 1 SMA, and now very soon will begin 2 phase of this drug for children with SMA type 2.

I do not know what awaits me in the future, but I know what I want and what I awaite. I want TO BE CURE. And this is my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment